I wrote these FAQs several years ago for my original website and, when renovating that site, I posted it on a magazine site I used to contribute to. But I just discovered this content is no longer online. Yikes!
It's evergreen material and lots of partners and marketing professionals have said that it's useful so I'm happy to share it again for your reference.
Top 10 Marketing and Sales FAQs
- Why do we need to market when we can barely staff the work we have?
- What is the difference between “marketing” and “selling?”
- Can I expect a marketer to generate new business leads?
- How should sales and marketing functions be aligned?
- What does a marketing person do?
- How can I tell if our firm needs an in-house marketing person?
- What level of marketer does my firm need?
- To whom should the marketer report?
- When can we expect to see marketing results?
- How might marketing’s cultural changes affect my firm?
Why do we need to market when we can barely staff the work we have?
Perhaps you don’t.