I'm starting a new series of quick marketing ideas. I'll put them all in this new "5-Minute Marketing" category (see sidebar).
Here's the premise...and the first five ideas. Can you find 5 minutes in your day, today, for marketing? Really. That’s all it takes.
In just 5 minutes you can do at least one of these things to develop your practice:
• Write a note to a friend, acquaintance, colleague, or prospect.
• Call and invite someone to lunch for next week--even if they cannot go, spend a few minutes "just catching up."
• Scan the “promotions” section of your local business journal (or the on-line version) and jot a little note of ‘Congrats’ to someone you recognize.
• Look through yesterday’s work records and pick one additional item (opportunity) you can follow up with a client about.
• Call someone whose project you'll be starting in the next two weeks and tell them you're looking forward to seeing or working with them again. Ask how they've been.
Many to come!